sábado, 24 de marzo de 2012

He Has Finally Seen the Light!

Hallelujah! Candide finally learned something in this book! He finally realized that it is important to learn from experiences and not to believe what everyone tells him (Pangloss)! He sees the world for what it truly is and not as what someone else wants him to see it.  I strongly believe that this is important in life because we all have different perspectives and that is what makes us unique.  What if we all believed what Pangloss said? We would all have the same point of view about everything. We would all think that life is just a beautiful meaningless thing where everything happens for the best.

In the end, I realized that Candide does have meaning to it. In a way it mocks us. It describes what some people see life as and how others react to it.  Now I realize the dark humor and I see the lesson learned by reading this novel.  I guess I made the same mistake as Candide. He didn't ever look past his situations so he didn't learn anything. He would just look at what was sitting right infront of him and think "FML". I guess I was doing the same while reading this book so I failed to see the important message that was hidden in it.  The lesson is that by looking past the situations and realizing what the lesson is, we work through life. This is exactly what a quote Candide said in the book.  "I also know, said Candide, that we must go and work in the garden." (page 143)

Life is a garden. We must prune it, fix it, and make it look beautiful. By learning from our mistakes, we prune the garden.  By not committing the same mistakes, we fix it.  Then by smiling to everyone around you and saying that you are going to be ok, we make the garden look beautiful.  This is something we humans do daily and I had not realized this until after I read Candide.  So for you who read my previous blog, ignore it.  Apparently Candide does have an important message to tell the world.  You just need to look past the silly story and find it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario